Monday, December 24, 2012

W2: D7 - Week 2 is Done Already

I think I miscalculated calories yesterday. The way the Fitbit and LoseIt integrates is confusing, so I'm just going to stick with the nomenclature and numbers that LoseIt uses on their UI from this point forward.

Calories
Budget: 1680
Food: 1408
Exercise: -198
Net: 1210
Under (budget): 470

H2O: 45 oz

Weight
Yesterday: 271.4
Today: 271.8
Difference: +.6
to Goal: 91.8

I did 40 minutes of Wii Just Dance 3 as my main exercise. I've set a goal of 5,000 steps and 3,500 calories per day. Today being Christmas Eve might make it a bit difficult to hit those goals, but I'll try anyways.

I didn't actually lose 2 pounds this week the way LoseIt predicted I should at this calorie deficit. So, either I'm doing something wrong logging, or I'm even more sedentary than the app predicts. At least I stuck at the initial loss instead of regaining again.

2 comments:

  1. With my Fitbit I try to average no less than 7500 steps a day, although I frequently do. I normally hit in the mid 6000s, unless I am doing something out of the norm. 3 days a week I also spend 30-ish minutes riding a stationary bike to burn even more calories.

    One thing to check VERY carefully is serving size and number of servings.

    A *LOT* of foods that appear to be like single serving meals will end up showing 'Number of Servings = 2'. If you aren't VERY cognizant of this fact, your calorie entries will be off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I track servings pretty religiously right now, that's for sure. I'm trying to be as accurate as possible. I think a big problem might be just the number of calories, but also the type of calories. I tend to still eat a ton of processed white foods: pasta; breads; sugars. I think I need to check my white carbs more closely, instead of just worrying about calorie numbers.

      Delete