Saturday, January 19, 2013

018 A No Care Day

Spent the afternoon with my family looking at books.

First we went to the local public library. Pretty disappointing selection of computer and technology books, and their new categorization scheme, organizing by subject, left much to be desired when looking for something as specific as web development books.

Then we went to a Cracker Barrel for lunch. I wasn't impressed by their food, but my wife has been craving fried okra, which is nearly impossible to find here in Phoenix. I was highly annoyed that you're forced to go through their retail store full of candy and breakables at toddler-height in order to get to the restaurant. Then the menu was just meh to me. Generic schlock that you would expect from any Applebee's or their ilk. I had a 1/2 pound bacon cheeseburger, and I have no idea how many calories I consumed between that and the "steak fries".

Then we hit up Barnes and Noble. I got a book on HTML5 and CSS3, and a magazine from the UK with "22 Projects" to try out using HTML, CSS, Javascript, etc. The book I was really looking for, "HTML5 for Masterminds" wasn't there, but the one I got is pretty high up on my list of books I wanted after that. The kids each got a book, but my wife didn't look at anything for herself. She's going to go spend some time there alone today.

After that, I get to take down the xmas lights. Yay.

I don't have any numbers to report from yesterday, but my weight, which is still 268.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment