Monday, January 7, 2013

006 And Home Made Beef Stew

Stayed under my calories today. Did a decent job getting some water down. Tried out a new recipe for slow cooker beef stew.

2 lbs of cubed stew beef
3 cubed potatoes
2 sliced carrots
1 chopped onion
2 cups beef broth (reduced sodium Swanson)
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp paprika
1 minced clove of garlic

Place beef, flour, salt, pepper in slow cooker, stir until beef is coated. Add the rest of the ingredients. I added enough water to cover everything.

Cook 4-6 hours on high, 10-14 hours on low.

Makes 6-8 servings.

It was good, I seasoned mine to taste since I like more black pepper than comes in the recipe. My step-dad tried it and said it was good, too. I did the high heat method, it took about 4.5 hours to be done. The beef just fell apart and all the fat was rendered. The veggies were soft and flavorful. One serving, about 1.5 cups, I estimate to be about 460 calories (based on putting the entire recipe in Lose It, and breaking it down by serving).

I'd give this one a 3.5 out of 5.

Calories: -227
Fitbit: 0
Steps: 3747
H2O: 40 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment