Thursday, January 10, 2013

009 With a Toothache

No insurance means sometimes I get to deal with pain longer than folks who have insurance. I have some bad fillings that have started hurting on and off. 2 days ago, the nerves decided to "turn on" as my dentist calls it. Usually a dose of ibuprofen takes care of it, but this time it just doesn't want to quit. In the last 48+ hours, I've had about 2 hours of pain free time. May have to use a credit card if it doesn't turn back off soon.

Ended the day way down on calories, but still ended up +1 on the scale this morning. I have to get a daily exercise routine in somehow, because apparently 2-3K steps isn't enough, even with this drastic calorie reduction, to keep my weight curve trending downwards. Time to get my daily calorie burn above the "sedentary" level by 7,000 per week. That means I have to burn 3,675 cal per day, minimum.

Trending flat isn't acceptable to me.

Calories: -564
Burned: 2488
Steps: 2522
H2O: 36 oz
Weight: 272

1 comment:

  1. Take a couple walks around the block during the day with the kids (and/or pets if you have dogs).

    I walk around the office campus twice a day when at work. That nets me about 2500 steps per trip.

    A couple laps around the neighborhood will get your steps up and burn more calories.

    ReplyDelete