Thursday, August 9, 2018

Day 3 - A Trial of My Willpower

This morning almost beat me.

I almost hit the snooze button. I almost stayed in bed. I lay there thinking how much another 30 minutes of sleep would feel *so good*.

Then I swung my legs out of bed and sat up on the edge of it.

Then I forced myself to stand up, and get moving.

At the gym, at about minute 12 on the treadmill, I was thinking: 25 minutes is going to take *so long* but I put my head back down and kept on walking.

At 18 minutes I thought: I can start my cool down now, what's a few minutes less of that?

At 22 minutes I thought: why cool down for 5 whole minutes?

At 25:02 I hit stop in the treadmill and walked away to the cable machines to work biceps and triceps for a few minutes, victory in hand.

I beat my own demons, my own laziness, my own habits of procrastination and cheating myself.

Day 3, in the books.

1 comment: