Tuesday, August 21, 2018

W3: D3 - The Habit Seems To Be Forming, Small Victories Are Stacking Up

This morning, when I woke up, there was thunder and a bit of rain. If you're not an Arizonan, that probably doesn't mean much, but for us, it's awesome to have some weather. By the time I got up 35 minutes later, it had passed with just a few light sprinkles left.

I did my 25 minutes at the gym, which usually equals about 100 calories and 1 mile. As I get more in shape, I expect to raise my speed, so that distance and caloric burn should go up.

I had a physical yesterday. The first time I've seen a regular doc since March of 17. When I called to make my appointment with her, I got told that she had left that place a year ago. So, that was surprising to me, not only that she left, but that it had been over a year since I last saw her. So I googled her and followed her to her new place. She's that good of a doctor.

My BP and heart rate were better than they've been in years. The doc's scale, with me fully clothed, was 12 pounds heavier than my scale at home, so that was a bit depressing. But, doc said the scale numbers aren't as important to her as my feeling of fitness and how my clothing feels.

So, another small victory - made it to the gym. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment