Saturday, January 13, 2018

Day 5 Complete

Day 5 was easy.

No, that's not true.

I still have to think about it all morning and remind myself not to go get some food. Part of the problem is that I'm in a lull at work.

The nature of our business means that we have a sort of feast/famine routine where we work like crazy for a few months, then we have a few weeks between sales pushes where we have a bit less to do. After working like crazy, those lulls feel like nothing is happening.

With no work to distract me, the time goes by at a crawl, and that gives me lots of time to think about the fact that I'm not eating.

Also, 10pm seems to come earlier each night...I think "oh, I'll go grab a snack before my fast starts again" and look at the clock and it's 11pm.

Again, my shirts are definitely starting to feel a bit less tight around my belly, but without a scale I don't know for certain if that's just water loss - I've been peeing a lot more during my fasts - or that I'm actually losing some size already. It would be incredible if it's already starting to change my body composition!


Around (the widest part of my belly)
57.5"

Waist
48"

1 comment:

  1. Dear Nephew,
    The decision to lose weight & how, is very personal, so please accept my opinion without me seeming like a know-it-all.
    So...I was diagnosed with diabetes many years ago & it scared the s*** out of me. I was obese, embarrassed & clueless as to how to lose weight...any would work. I decided, with the help of my Dr. to start eating right. NOT A DIET EXACTLY. A way to eat from now on. As soon as you go off a diet, the weight comes back. So, moderation, 6-8 small meals a day. Consume a small amount of protein with each meal. Sugar is the beast. But, I still had some on a limited basis. I lost 80 lbs.& have kept it off for 10 years. I had a one page guideline of foods to eat & avoid from my Dr. which is still hooked to my fridge to this day & followed. I did fast. Usually one day a week...but it was usually when I just felt crappy. It's not required & it really f****s with your glucose levels, which you might want to monitor, just to see.
    Water! Required all through the day. Dehydration, masking as weight loss is dangerous.
    Well my dear nephew, I will leave this as is.
    I could go on, but I realize the journey you are on is yours & no one can tell you what to do. I congratulate you on taking this step, but please, feed your body & brain throughout the day. Your success will come. Best to you Brad. Your Aunt Patrice

    ReplyDelete